Thursday, December 17, 2015

What the world wants from you?, Pune, 17th Dec 2015

When you can call your a matured ? When I was growing up in a village, the world hardly cared about I was too much into thinking whether the people felt bad in my behavior or not. I never imagined that opposite one might have multiple intention while even sharing the most of my caring corners with them. It has been long since I left my village I always feel about , but those days are becoming younger to youngest. When I hear the word maturity now , I only think when people call you , think you , discuss you and name you immature and you give only a blow in the wind , you qualify maturity. Let's do a simplest mathematics. A is saying to B that B is immature . Yea of course I would like to be B. So I got A !=B . What a shame you need a mathematic to proof this? Do read Darwinism. He said we always select small variations which increases our ability to compete, hence we will try to meet the same sea sooner or later. I always keep my head cool at office desk. If I am at foosball table putting only forces to my mans or walking around the cafeteria then some of my signals is running critically in my brain.Whatever, I was planning my day with my lead at my desk. Let me throw few words about  my lead. Very few people can work with him. The guy who shouts the most, pressure the more , can't tolerate inefficiency, won't pay for the half job. I respect him though cause I felt he is making me prepared though the streamlining of his processes instead of shortcuts. I found some mistakes in my work that day, I escalated it to him because some of those happened for his wrong guidance too. He shouted and kept his voice up till I left my office that day. Now the interesting thing is I was only guy who was working under him. So he has to talk back, to complete the project. I kept working like I always did. The every wrong thing I did in my project, I kept escalating and he thought that his project will not pass. He warned to the project manager. Project manager called me and told what the hell are you doing? Why you guys are fighting everyday, If you are guys are doing like this , then the project will fail. I told him I am just a developer , project can not only fail for a developer. Developer does not create much they just follow in a industry where I am working. He was silent and a bit unhappy. I said lets wait for the deadline , Then I will update you. The meeting over and I felt like my career too over with the meeting. I kept working and fighting and kept escalating my mistakes. I was very near to the deadline and working to get it done. I worked over the weekend , over the night and over my lead's hopeless eyes. The conclusion: I delivered the project before the deadline in the production . clients are flooding the emails appreciating my works. My lead nominated me for a performance award. Under the line: It was the first project of my career and I never wanted to fail it. I kept fighting with my lead because one good thing about him is when he will stay cool he won't comment about my work , he feels lazy to watch over and when he shouts, he criticizes with a lot of solutions and a lot of angry blinks. I just ignored the angry blinks and took the solution in my bag.I work in a different team now and whenever I meet my lead he hugs me like a best friend ever. Moral: Your talent opens the first door and streamlining of processes by a good mentor opens the following doors.

1 comment:

  1. Okay! 👍
    Nice story with amazing emotions! ☺️
    I got moral of the story!
    And I'll execute in my life too if situation demands! ☺️ 😊

    ReplyDelete